The Shopify POS (Point of Sale) system is basically a service that enables you to keep track of your online/offline sales as well as be in control of your inventory. This kind of service is useful if you have a store that is either online or offline.
Aside from giving you the ability to manage your transactions all in the convenience of a central platform, Shopify also keeps you from spending too much time managing various systems. This service is part of the Shopify eCommerce suite, which also lets you control and manage your business from anywhere and everywhere.
This service is compatible with credit and debit card payments, Android Pay and Apple Pay. It has an easy-to-adopt point of sale system for small businesses as it does not have a long-term contract nor does it need an upfront investment. Most companies find this to be an affordable choice as it is limitless to users, registers and inventory items. This Shopify POS system review will assist you to determine whether this service is a match for your business.
Features of the Shopify POS
Shopify’s features are suitable for merchants who have the interest to conduct their sales online. It boasts a variety of features that most would find impressive.
To begin with, email notifications are modified to both customers and merchant. Different tax and shipping rates are also adjustable to suit the user’s needs. The checkouts can be customized to TOS policy displays and user accounts. There’s more to these unique features.
Merchants have the option to set the various products which will be displayed in various outlets. For example, uncarried in-store items can still be listed for shipping later with the help of different shipping services like Amazon. On the customers’ side, permanent accounts can be created when using the online cart.
Besides the orders being able to be tracked, advisory notifications can be sent in cases where there was no processing of checkouts due to an unexpected interruption.
Based on personal experience and user-generated reviews, these are the positive outcomes of using Shopify as an inclusive e-commerce solution.
1. It has built-in security and fast speed for easy hosting. With these, merchants are assured of smooth payment, while customers get to enjoy fast services without waiting for hours for their page to load.
2. Shopify offers top-notch customer support. The support team is fast when it comes to answering to customers’ queries. In addition to this, they offer knowledgeable assistance as to how to go about your problem.
3. It has an easily accessible design feature that lets you pick out your desired themes. This feature works out great if you are a newbie to Shopify.
4. The ton of built-in features provides an opportunity for developers to offer super specialized products that easily plugin to Shopify’s platform.
1. Compared to services like Volusion, Shopify is slightly pricier, especially if you are knowledgeable in technical matters and own a smaller shop as well.
2. Some users who do not perform full customization may find a couple of the customization features to be annoying. It may also be slightly foreign for those who are not used to its unique setup.
3. The initial setup process requires more knowledge especially when it comes to getting your domain name redirect the right way.
In conclusion, Shopify is the best option if you are in need of an all-rounded solution for your online store.